Contributor: Jared Scott, MD
- A press release from Merck introduced Molnupiravir for treatment of mild to moderate COVID-19
- The yet to be published study is a randomized control trial at around 100 different sites
- Reported outcomes were hospitalization and mortality from COVID and mortality from COVID
- Molnupiravir was found to be twice as effective as placebo looking at these two endpoints (7% vs. 14%)
- 5 day course of the drug taken twice per day costs $700, but cost-saved from using this drug was $32,000 per patient
Summarized by John Spartz, MS4 | Edited by Erik Verzemnieks, MD
The Emergency Medical Minute is excited to announce that we are now offering AMA PRA Category 1 credits™ via online course modules. To access these and for more information, visit our website at https://emergencymedicalminute.com/cme-courses/ and create an account.